Monday, January 17, 2011

No Mom Jeans for Me Please

I was searching around on YouTube.com looking for ideas to help me with my New Year resolution. So, I searched and searched and searched...Who knew so many 16 and 20 something college kids had walk in closets. But I don't have a walk in closet. In fact, I have to share what little closet I have with my husband (not to mention the presents for birthdays and Christmas). That's when it hit me. I'll start my own YouTube channel and blog. It will keep me busy while the husband is off playing Army, and maybe it will help some other modern moms. Maybe one day companies will send me free samples to try and talk about to my other domestic divas. I can imagine my bathroom filled with nail polish of every color, the best eye creams, bath salts for days, fragrances from across the world. Fantastic.

No mom jeans here. Just moms in their 20's and 30's that will someday be in our....40's (insert shrieking) that are hip and can totally get jiggy with it. We know what's cool. I know that nothing is worse than watching people walking down the mall and knowing that that lady pushing down that stroller use to be mod, she knew what was in fashion, she even was caught up on the latest text lingo and music. Now, all she knows is what's coming on Nick Jr. My friends, that is not going to be us. We all have our days of being covered in half chewed Teddy Grahams and snot. We shall over come depression, not be chained to this house and do nothing but cook and clean. We are modern moms and we can do it all and look and feel fabulous.

I hope to fill this blog with useful and helpful tips to save us time and money on our domestic side. Health and beauty tips so we can look ravishing doing it. A place where we can share stories of rearing our children, highs and lows. Maybe we can all make some friends along the way. Grab some coffee, a little bit of chocolate and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome first post! I look forward to more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I wish I could start my own "how to" channel, but I hate seeing myself on video. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete